Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is GPS a cost-free service ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryforever

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a doubt ... does gps require a subscription monthly ?...
or is it just enough to have a gps chip that can communicate with sattellite please tell me because im doing a project based on gps ..
thank you

Gps questions

GPS service is free of any cost and if there are some charges these are very small.

Check the service provider's (like NAVSTAR) sites.

Gps questions

To receive gps signals is totally free! the equipment to receive it is what it costs.

Re: Gps questions

Im in India .. there is no actual gps subscription service over here ..
Do you think i can still use it..
I ask this coz a lot of gps satellites are owned by US and other european countries...
Im planing to get a navman jupiter 30 is enough to get the lattitudes and longitudes

if you have a GPS, nobody can detect you, also the signal you receive is free and general

in the future ,we can use the gelileo ,gps and the Chinese satellite system .so it is free from now on.

GPS may become a premium service after the complete modernization ... depends on how Galileo will go.

GPS is free. you can reveive the GPS signal if you have the GPS receiver.

Ya in india u can access free of cost, just pay for receiver.

The receiver will easily available from ship breaking/recycling yard.

Gps questions

I want to buy GPS receiver which will only mention the co-ordinates or may be the altitude. Is there any such receiver available in the Indian market?

Status
Not open for further replies.