Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is a bootloader file needed for Atmel 89s52 chip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronydc

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
download bootloader for atmel 89s52

dear friends,

i am confused.
my question is, --> is any bootloader file required to be burned into the Atmel 89s52 chip before it can be used as the serial programmable ..?

if its required,
1> please send me that bootloader file in "c" (asm will also do) if some one have it.
2> any schematics available, also well come.

plz help friends. i am trying to make a trainer kit.
rony.

Re: 89s52 bootloader

Hello,

no reason to be confused, it's very clear from the manual: No bootloader needed,
only an operational clock source either crystal or external and the ISP interface as documented.

Regards,
Frank

89s52 bootloader

thx for the guidence.
but still confused -->
1> we need to program the ic through the serial port or from the ISP program pins on the ic..?

2> if from the ISP pins, then what about the connections of those pins to the serial connector pins..?

2> better if some one provide me any drawing and some example.
please.

thanks in advance.

Re: 89s52 bootloader

Hello,

unlike newer processors (PIC, ATmega), 89S52 has no option for flash self-programming, thus no bootloader and UART download is possible. Only serial (ISP) or parallel programming. There are many ISP programmer options, personally I know free Ponyprog software (http://www.LancOS.com). It can work with a simple selfmade adapter from printer or serial port, schematic is documented with the software. Other solutions are most likely present at EDAboard.com if you search it.

Regards,
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.