Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR2153 bomb the fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my complete diagram using tl494 and tc4424

Attachments

• TL494_PSU.PDF
    48.5 KB · Views: 84

A pull-down resistor is needed on E1 and E2. Most important is that the outputs of driver transformer, should be in out of phase, in contrast to the way it is shown in diagram.
10K on gate is a typing error, I think. With so many failures, your output transformer may be the culprit.

oopppss sorry..yes 10k is typing error.thanks for your replay.but why pull down resistor is necessary?

- - - Updated - - -

I've checked the output in oscilloscope.it is out of phase (as I above posted the pic).i think I'm repeating common mistake but don't know what it is.every time got the same problem.

- - - Updated - - -

today I've connected the vcc ( 17V )instead 300V and use inverter transformer.gate transformer ouput waveform was not so good.it was noisy.may be the problem is due to the load of the mosfets in half bridge which makes the gate waveform to distort. and when it gets distorted perhaps both fets simultaneously on....

Last edited:

Try without connecting output transformer and observe waveform at the connecting point. Use a bulb in series with +ve and drain of upper FET. In case of fault, it will limit current and protect FETs. If all goes well, then connect output transformer. A 1A fuse can be used instead of bulb but bulb don't get fused every time a fault occurs but only lit to indicate load. This test procedure will also narrow down if there is problem with output transformer. A pulse shaping of driver output will benefit. Pull-down resistors lower impedance and prevent false triggering.

Last edited:

so,what happened,without connecting transformer,bulb didn't glow but when I connected the transformer it lighted up with full brightness.

You didn't yet tell any details about the transformer (core, windings).

Presumed the transformer is O.K, there will be still a certain amount of reactive current, it might be sufficient to light the incandescent lamp.

If the bulb is of 220V and above 40W, it should merely glow at the maximum. A full brightness means short on output. Another possibility is the frequency of oscillator is very low due to some timing component with a wrong value.

I changed the transformer..and connect the bulb.it worked well but bulb was glowing slightly.output was 52V and on 24V bulb load,output dropped to 22V.but when I disconnected the bulb and directly connect drain of first mosfet with 300V,again mosfets shorted out.

hi FvM,i found the core from my dead supply.ee50,22 turns on primary side and secondary is center tape with 6 turns each

- - - Updated - - -

one thing is confusing me.why my gate voltage waveform gets distorted when i connect bulb.Without applying 300V on drain of fet,gate voltage waveform is perfectly square,but on 300 it becomes full noisy (no longer square wave )

1037093400_1390399672.png

Use pulse shaping circuit and fuse made from a thin single strand from a wire. Don't fry anymore FETs. Don't put load until it is stable without load. It is along way to go so don't hurry and avoid losses. Everytime when there is a fault, you see fireworks before you can do anything. This is the problem with Power Electronics So put some protection means to avoid losses and let to experiment.

hy guyz,
sorry ALERTLINKS,i didn't try your pulse shaping circuit because of the internet problem and couldn't see your post.i made the circuit with sg3525 and ir2113 (without gate transformer ),and worked well...output voltage was 19V but on 24v bulb load (0.7A) it dropped to 18.5V and on two parallel bulbs,output voltage dropped to 17 (1.2A).when i conncected the battery (12V,5Ah),it dropped to 14V.i didn't use any feedback circuit.please suggest me feedback circuit using tl431.how i can implement it?how it works?

Attachments

• UC2525IC.PDF
    40.4 KB · Views: 42

Status
Not open for further replies.