Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ir2110 fet burning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fawadbutt

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.give me some solution;
i am using ir2110 FET high low driver. i drive ac 100w induction motor when i run motor with serial bulb motor work fine but when i run direct power with in 5,10 second my FET burn.

FET dying could happen due to many reasons:

1) Too much current going through the FET, hence death caused by thermal stress
2) Inductive load (in your cause) is causing the voltages across Source and Drain to exceed maximum allowed voltage. If the over-stressing is not severe, it takes some time to kill the FET and it won't die immediately
3) Inductive load is causing the internal protection diode in the FET to die. The diode has a maximum reverse allowed. Surpass that, and you'll have breakdown.
4) Avalanche breakdown. This needs more reading on google.
5) FET isn't switching ON or OFF fast enough. This can cause all kinds of problems in High-Current applications.

Hope this helped :)

hi.give me some solution;
i am using ir2110 FET high low driver. i drive ac 100w induction motor when i run motor with serial bulb motor work fine but when i run direct power with in 5,10 second my FET burn.

Hi fawadbutt
What about posting the schematic which you're referring to ? thus it would be much easier to helping you !
Nevertheless , I guess deadtimes could not be sufficient or perhaps your bootstrap capacitor is not good and perhaps your mosfets are not having good internally diodes in parallel . or perhaps .....

Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.