Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR signal pattern as emitter and receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltg

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IR pattern.

Hi,

I'm trying to use IR emitter and receiver as safety device to detect a object. Should I use some kind of signal pattern?
Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
ltg

Yep,
Because lots of thing emits ir-light (sun, lights, bulbs, electronic display devices).So if you don't use ir-pattern you always get "false" alert.
Rgrds,

Analyzer.

What ir-pattern can you recommend me? Thanks!
Best Regards,
ltg

Well then,
Please elaborate your project.Do you use mcu for this? (both transmitter and receiver) If so, to generate a pattern is quite simple.For example try to send "10100101100100110111010110001101" (32 bit/4 byte) and try to collect it.

Analyzer.

square wave

I have done this before by using a square wave drive and a band pass filter in the receive path. Following that is a synchronous detector.

Pll

Hi

try to use modulated signal and detect it with the help of pll if you donot want to use the mcu

regards
fragrance

Status
Not open for further replies.