Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Remote Control with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbsirio

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8051 remote control

Hi all,
I need to interface my '8051 with an IR remote control, exaclty with a TV remote control!
I explain better: I have a TV remote control (I suppose RC5-protocol compatible) and I want to control my 8051 : when I press "1" on the remote control , I need to close a rele', pressing "2" I need to turn off it, and so on...

Somebody knows if is there a simple way to interface such microprocessor with a remote control? via a dedicated chip? via a software routine? or...?

Any ideas is welcome!

Many thanks to all in advance!

Sirio.

rc5 8051

RC5 is pretty simple to decode, there are many samples on the net.

For the hardware part the easiest thing to use an integrated IR demodulator (for example the Vishay TSOP or SFH series), from there on it's basically a serial protocol you can handle in the microcontroller.

Perhaps this will get you started:
**broken link removed**

Have fun! :)

8051 remote

Very nice page, but...

I am not too friendly with ASM... :oops:

I was searching for someting in "C", a language that I know, but asm is for me hard to integrate in a C program...

Also, all this people (in the link) write in asm... I think because it is faster: The question is if I would be able to write a RC5 decoder in C fast enought......... :wink:

I think that, to begin working with, I need an example, also academic, but in this language.

I tried with Google, but with no appreciable results...

Thank you very much for this, but have you (or something else), something more?

Ciao, Sirio.

remote control using 8051

Perhaps learn to use Google a bit better? :eek:

**broken link removed**

It's 'C', but it still depends on your specific compiler and setup whether or not the code can be used without modifications (most likely not...)

Again good luck and have fun. :)

ir remote using 8051

i need a program code to decode rc5 sony remote control . i want to use 8051 uc but i found decoder code for 2051 uc for easytip1 code 718 from this site **broken link removed**

i can't find the technical detail of easytip remote control or find code for 8051 deocder sony rc5 code

plz help me

remote control microcontroller

what is EasyTip1 code 718??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back