Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR receiver datastream

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnsakanjankumar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone suggest a way to obtain data stream at the receive end(IR receiver)
apart from using 'pic' chip

Thanks.

Last edited:

Depends on your transmitter. You could use other microcontrollers like AVR, but I assume that when you say PIC, you intend to mean microcontrollers.

If you're making the transmitter and receiver, you could use ICs such as HT12D and HT12E.

Are you making the transmitter or are you using a remote? If you're using a remote, which brand is it of? Do you know which protocol it uses?

If you're using a remote, it may be better to use the PIC/AVR/microcontroller anyways.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

I am trying to build my own remote to transmit the digital bits using IR.
To acquire the data stream can we use 555 timer??
On more problem is, in the 555 timer(at the receiver end) i want to use it in monostable mode therefore i need a trigger signal can I use IR receiver as a trigger element .

Are you going to use it for on/off, ie just to turn a device on/off? That is, you're going to use it to control one device only? Then, you can use 555 where the IR signal can trigger the monostable mode.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thanks for your reply.
Suppose if am sending a data stream of 110011 then IR(transmitter) will be on for '11' and off for '00' but At the receiver since we are using 555 timer in monostable mode it needs a trigger.
Here it is receiving '1' constantly sent by transmitter thereby that data '1' is not able to trigger 555 then how can i get data stream '1'.
For '0' there is no need for trigger.
Can You tell me a way such that it sends a trigger to receiver when data stream to be sent is '1'.

Thanks.
Anjan.

Thanks for your reply.
Suppose if am sending a data stream of 110011 then IR(transmitter) will be on for '11' and off for '00' but At the receiver since we are using 555 timer in monostable mode it needs a trigger.
Here it is receiving '1' constantly sent by transmitter thereby that data '1' is not able to trigger 555 then how can i get data stream '1'.
For '0' there is no need for trigger.
Can You tell me a way such that it sends a trigger to receiver when data stream to be sent is '1'.

Thanks.
Anjan.

You're going to get 0 and 1 outputs depending on the signal. All you need to do is use the 1 output to trigger the 555. You're probably receiving 1 constantly because the output of the receiver is inverted. You might need to connect another transistor to invert it for your circuit, depending on how you connected the circuit.

Which receiver are you using? TSOP1738? PNA4602?

And how did you set up the monostable circuit?

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

I am building my own transmitter and receiver i am not using any modules.
What i am asking is for a trigger, signal should go from high to low and low to high then only it will generate constant '1' or '0' but the ir receiver receives constant '1 or '0' then how can it trigger 555??

The IR receiver gives outputs when it receives from the receiver and then goes to default state in idle mode. The change of state can be used to trigger the 555.

Say, in idle, the receiver outputs 1. Then, when you receive the signal, there is a change in signal to modulation in 0's and 1's. You can sense a 0 and use it to trigger the 555 as 0 means that some data has been received.

More details on the transmitter might help.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Let the default output be '0'
Now If the sender is sending '11' then you are saying that it IR receives signal '1' and goes to '0' (default) and when it receives IR signal again '1' it goes to '1' and then goes to '0'.
One thing I didn't understand is when the sender IR is kept at '1' constantly and next '1' once again will the receiver be able to trigger the 555(at the receiver end) or else it will it continuously remain in that state only???.

The IR receiver signals 1 and then 0. So, you can use this 1 to be the trigger as the default state is 0.

It shouldn't be at 1 constantly. There has to be some kind of gap - 0 - somewhere. And there will be.

I hope that clears it.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Tahmid My actual circuit works as follows
Transmitter:
There are 9 buttons and an encoder,at the output of encoder i will use PISO to get serial output and i will give this output to IR led.(it will send constant '1' '0')
In addition to encoded bits i will send a start bit.
Receiver:
i will use 2 555 timers.
when a start bit is received then first 555 timer is triggered and generates a constant '1' pulse and this is used as a supply to second 555 timer and also the trigger led is connected to both 555 timers thereby i will choose the R,C of the first 555 in such a way that the second 555 timer takes all data.
Now please check whether there is any flaw in triggering action of first and second 555.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back