Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

iPhone 4 antenna diversity

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlcsp

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear experts,

Does anyone know what kind of antenna diversity (spatial, pattern, polarization, transmit/receive) iPhone 4 implements?

thanks,
wlcsp

iPhone 4 doesn't have antenna diversity.

Reactions: wlcsp

wlcsp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
iPhone 4 doesn't have antenna diversity.

Hi vfone,

thanks for the note. What I found from the internet is that iPhone 4 has two frame antennas (for bluetooth/WiFi/GPS and UMTS/GSM) and one internal antenna.
My questions are:
1. Is there really internal antenna? What type e.g. patch ?
2. How can I create one frame for multi-band? with several feeding/gnd points?

If you could provide links to support your answers, that would be great, particularly with the fact that it does not have antenna diversity.

thanks.

If the antennas are part of the body of the phone, you can say that are internal antennas. Can name external antenna the old style helical antennas, where the body of the mobile behaves as a ground plane.

In my opinion is a big challenge to make a frame antenna to do not be affected by human hand or body.

For examples you can search the free-patents online sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back