Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverted TTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

alter-jx38

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys. I was faced with the task of inverting TTL signals to a different logic and can't get how to did it correctly.
I have a dive-computer with communication interface that interprets LOW= +3V and HIGH= 0V. It has an internal pull-up resistor of about 12k, which is connected to the internal supply of 3.0V
Since the device already has a pull-up resistor, a relatively large pull-up resistor in the pc-interface can be used, since this resistor is only needed to keep the data line in a defined state (high) when the dive-computer is not yet connected.

To connect him I suppose to use simple UART-USB controller based on CP2102 with ordinary TTL logic where LOW is 0V and HIGH represented by +5V. The communication is pretty slow with 1200 baud, 8 bits, 1 stop bit and no parity.
Снимок экрана 2022-06-30 в 23.15.57.png

I'm guessing there should be a few NPN transistors but can't realise exactly how?

I'd recommend something like a 74HCT14, a Schmitt trigger
inverter (hex) with a thrshold closer to the 1.4V TTL norm,
and some hysteresis which will clean up noise / chatter
somewhat. It will work below 5V, better than TTL will
(what with its Vcc-2*Vbe output high, loaded) and just
get a bit slower as supply reduces, but have rail-rail output.

The rest of them you can use for additional inversions.
Or to add more hysteresis by positive feedback and
resistor network.

This is a common part (TI, et al). Nexperia also makes
them for lower voltages (like 2.7-3.6V). Your shown
supply sort of sits in the gap, I'd use the 5V one, keep
the loading under 1-2mA and plan on a bit more prop
delay than the datasheet says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor