Not open for further replies.

Selvam_Perumal

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to develop a active bandpass filter using an Chebyshev Type - II (Inverse chebyshev) method.

What topology will be used for the inverse chebyshev filter?. For example, Sallen-key topology, MFB topology has to be implemented for this design.

Any application notes / white paper for implementing the Inverse chebyshev design.

Regards,
Selvam.P

You did not mention the required order of the filter.
However, in any case - it is a quite challenging task.
I think, the most appropriate solution is to start with a conventional PASSIVE reference structure (RLC) which - as a second step - can be converted to an active topology (to avoid inductors). For this purpose, you can make use of some different methods .

Thanks LvW.

I required 4th order inverse chebyshev filter design.

Can you share me the passive to active topology conversion for inverse chebyshev filter.

Thanks LvW.

I required 4th order inverse chebyshev filter design.
Can you share me the passive to active topology conversion for inverse chebyshev filter.
* First step: Passive RLC-Bandpass 4th-order. If necessary, created using the lowpass-bandpass transformation.
* Second step: Selection of one of the following active realzations:
- FDNR-Embedding technique,
- Leapfrog-topology,
- Primary Resonator Block (PRB) structures.

A comparative study of these alternatives can be found in:
Laker, Schaumann, Ghausi: "Multiple Feedback Topologies for the Design of low-sensitivity Active Filters", IEEE Trans.Circ. Systems, vol. CAS-26, pp 1-21

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.