Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interview question on transmission lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen450

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am going through interview questions online and I found this question. Can anyone give me an answer

Consider a transmission line with characteristic impedance Z?. This transmission line is terminated in Zo. The input impedance is

(A) 4 Z
(B) 2 Z
(C) Z
(D) Z /2

Hi,

I am going through interview questions online and I found this question. Can anyone give me an answer

Consider a transmission line with characteristic impedance Z?. This transmission line is terminated in Zo. The input impedance is

(A) 4 Z
(B) 2 Z
(C) Z
(D) Z /2

Question is not complete ?? Of course the answer is neither if the Zc is different than ZL..
A transmission line with a characteristic impedance Zc that is loaded by ZL will show an impedance at its input that varies with its length.
Modern Microwave Circuits-1.png

That is the question and they haven't given any transmission line length. I recently had an interview where they asked me the same type of question

- - - Updated - - -

Your answer is right. Can you tell me how you got it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back