Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interrupt handling in PIC18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi tahmid,
I have a question on timer interrupt. my program is using LCD, INFRA RED sensor , keypad, servo motor and also timer interrupt.
port A is infra red sensors
port B is keypad
Port C is servo motor
port D is LCD
I am doing a project that keep track of pills and time for its user , so when its time for the user to take their pills, the program can activate a buzzer to inform the user.

Firstly, the LCD will prompt the user with qns like "no. of pills" ," times a day" etc. The user then need to key in tha data using the keypad.

Secondly, after input the data, the timer interrupt would start the count , each count meaning each second, and till it reaches a certain count, the program activates a buzzer and LEDs alerting the user. The program also trigger the servo motor to move , dispensing the pills out to the collection point. A infra red sensor then sense the pills and minus it from the count of the total no. of pills.

i did two separate program , one of it is LCD with key pad, while another is timer interrupt, infra red sensor and servo motor. Both could work independently, but after merging both programs together , they could build successfully , but could not work properly. The lcd can display out the qns and i could use the keypad to input in the data, but the timer interrupt doesnt seem to work.
Is it because im using port B for keypad , clashing with the timer interrupt.
thanks in advance!

Attachments

• lcd and keypad.txt
    44.5 KB · Views: 60
  • merged.txt
    48.6 KB · Views: 36
  • timer interrupt and servo.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 54

Status
Not open for further replies.