Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Internet controlled embedded processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pieboy42

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there

I'm looking into an embedded project that needs to be controlled via the internet.

I assume it will be a processor, with the ability to connect to the internet via an Ethernet connection, and have the ability to assign itself an ip address (or be assigned one) Maybe even some sort of dyndns type configuration, so it won't be affected by ip address changes.

Programming can be done either directly, or via the web interface.

Does anyone know of a way to do this, or of any products that already have some or all of this functionality built in.

Thanks

see microchip.com 28 series and other
help documents there on tcp/ip

According to my understanding you'll need an RTOS on which you can run a tcp/ip stack. and upon that stack you'll need an embedded HTTP server to run on that RTOS. After that you can connect to the board through your browser and control it. :)

An INTELLIGENT ON-LINE UPS with LAN interface is a good beginner for u. There are lot of material on above project. In this project get an idea how the Computer controls and gets the satus data from the embedded controller in the UPS. The same principles apply to other projects of similar kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back