Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intergration of Lm317 as voltage doubler

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocoman

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello i was wondering if someone could give me advice on a problem related to stepping up voltage.
How do i up the voltage from 0.7V to +-2V using a lm317?:
Any circuits out there?

cocoman said:
Hello i was wondering if someone could give me advice on a problem related to stepping up voltage. How do i up the voltage from 0.7V to +-2V using a lm317?: Any circuits out there?
I have not heard such application in my career till date. I have seen LM317 used as an drop down voltage regulator which will provide a regulated output from 1.2 volts to 30 volts and too as an audio transmitter. If possible, i would ceratinly would like to gain knowledge. Cheers

maybe i have my terms wrong in the case of the step-up step-down term. You refer to step down voltage from 1.2V -30V.Thats exactly what i want to do to bring the voltage up using a lm317? isnt it?

LM317 simply doesn't work for step-up. You may want to refer e.g. to TI TPS612xx.

I know about the tps chips.I just want clarity regarding the step up step down terms as the previous reply stated:he has seen a lm317 used as a step down voltage regulator from 1.2V -30V.Is this the range in which the lm317 will step down the voltage or does it mean it steps down the voltage form 1.2V to 30V? please help very confused

Added after 19 minutes:

If it is not possible is there any other way of bringing die voltage(DC) up from 0.7V to around 2V without using the TPS or Maxim chips?(there not available and i need a solution quick) tx

cocoman said:
maybe i have my terms wrong in the case of the step-up step-down term. You refer to step down voltage from 1.2V -30V.Thats exactly what i want to do to bring the voltage up using a lm317? isnt it?
Sorry if i have mistaken your words. If you want lineraly increase the voltage from 0.7V to 2 volts by a LM317, its not possible coz the minimum limit of the said device starts from 1.2 volts onwards. Basically if you feed the input of the LM317 with 35 volts DC, by adjusting the resistance between the "adj" pin and GND, the output voltage can be varied anywhere.from 1.2v to 30V. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back