Interfacing RS485 device with serial port.Help needed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

czar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ds75176 convert rs232 how to

hi
i am new to this field of electronics.i am presently using a sensor which has to be interfaced to the pc using RS485 protocol(I am not sure if i can call it a protocol but neway!) i need the connections of rs485 line(A(-),B(+) and GND ) with the serial port(DB9).
thanks

------
Abhishek

adam 4520 pinouts

you cannot directly interface RS485 line to the PC's DB9 connector. The PC's o/p is RS 232 so you will require a 232-485 converter, which basically consists of MAX 232 IC connected to the PC's com Port & the other end connected to DS75176 which is used for RS485 protocol.
https://www.dnatechindia.com/index.php/Tutorials/

rs-485 device

Basically right. A "poor mans" converter without MAX232 can be found in this thread I sometimes use two 1k resistors as a converter, but don't want to recommend it generally.

interfacing rs485 device

yes sure you need a converter

www.advantech.com/products/ADAM-4520.asp

and you need RS232 side connection for at least 2,3,5 pin numbers of DB9.or the other pins may be usefull depends on your converter and protocol(half/full duplex)

Good luck

adam 4520 max485 connect

thanks people for your suggestions.
I am now trying to make a 232/485 converter which uses max232 and max485.
Are there any other simpler designs you can suggest coz that will be a great help.
thanks.
------------------
Abhishek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…