Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing pc to a 8051 micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawuzi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone. i have not interface a micro controller to a pc before. i would like to send three set of data from some the micro controller to a computer so that it can be displayed on the screen of a pc. I have heard of parallel and serial communication but i dont know where to start from. A sort beginner tutorial will be helpful

Reactions: dawuzi

dawuzi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks so much. The tutorial explained sending ascii. Another problem is that the serial communication uses the timer register. I also intend using that register for my application. Let me explain what i want to do exactly. The micro controller timers are configured as event counters. This shows the number of people that entered and left a place respectively. Micro controller also has an 8 bit input data at one of the ports. I would like all these data to be sent to a c# application running on a pc using control signals to identify each particular data. The application will also be a signal to the micro controller for it to execute an interrupt. I would also appreciate circuit diagrams

Can i use any 8051 micro controller for the interfacing(ie C or S series) or is any one prefferable. I also heard about a program hyperterminal. I would like if am given tips to carry this out. I also dont know if it is possible using a USB to serial converter.

yes you can do it with the mentioned series.. hyperterminal is a windows package from where you can communicate with external devices through serial communication...
you could use a serial to USB cable also , but serial to serial cable is better preferred....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back