Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing mobile/gsm and sensor with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ateet.nith

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interfacing of sensors with microcontrollers

Hi
I am a final year student. I am making a project on microcontroller and GSm technology.My idea of the project goes like this.

I would send an SMS from my mobile phone to a another which will be connected with microcontroller.Also, a temperature sensor will be interfaced with the microcontroller. On receiving the message, microcontroller will fetch the current temperature and send it as the message text to the same number from which the message was recieved.

is the above project physible ??? If yes, how should I go about interfacing the various hardwares ?? How can I receive and send message from / to a mobile.Please help me out.

gsm microcontroller interfacing

That's a very straight forward project. However, I would suggest you use a GSM module (i.e. SIM300) instead of a phone on the microcontroller end. If you search this forum, you should find plenty examples showing how to do what you want.

ateet.nith

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back