Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing microcontroller using visual c#

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i want to interface the micro-controller(controlling the induction motor) with pc using visual c#. i don't know what's my methodology. does anybody can help me??
what should i do first??

thank you very much,
best regards...:D

you two solutions: either to use PC serial port or USB port to communicate with your microcntroller.
first the microcontroller will be programmed either using C or assembly, if your microcontroller has a USART or USB module then enable it, on the PC side use C# to communicate with the serial COM port or USB port, remember that the USB class you will use on the microcontroller will affect the way you program on the PC side.

sir,

i'm going to control 2 induction motor using 8051 microcontroller. how many microcontroller do i need to interface it to the computer?
i really need your help sir....

thank you....:D

one is enough, will be responsible of communication with PC over RS232 and from the GPIO's you will control the motors.

sir,

what is GPIO'S? is it the SAME with the GUI? we want to use visual c# for our gui display...

thank you....

no, i mean GPIO: General Purpose Input/Output of the microcontrollers i.e. the 0's and 1's you enter and get out from the microcontroller.
I meant to write a code on the microcontroller to communicate over RS232 serial port, and another code you will write using C# to communicate with the serial port, on the microcontroller side you will develop within the same code some outputs to the motors when it receive signal from the serial port, search the internet for serial port interface using AVR, you will find plenty of results.

sir,

can you give the steps on what to do in this project???
i really need your help sir...

thank you!!!!

ok.
lets divide the work to two parts:
1-microcontroller side: you will need to chosse a microcontroller has a built in serial interface RS-232 (like PIC16F877,PIC18F452,PIC18F4550,....etc), also you will need IC MAX232 with it, you will program the microcontroller using C language or assembly using MPLAB C18, mikroC, you can program your microcontroller from PIC family using BASIC with MikroBASIC.
2- PC side: you will communicate with the COM port in your PC with C# to send data to microcontroller and read data from microcontroller.
-lets return back to the microcontroller, when you receive a byte you can make some if conditions to make some 0's and 1's outputs on the microcontroller ports, or receive some digital inputs and send these data to the PC, all depend on your code.
is it clear now?

sir,

i'll use visual c# for my gui and assembly for the 8051 microcontroller.
is it alright??

i really appreciate your help...

sir,
if you have an idea...:D
in practical application especially in the industrial application,what motor controller they used to control the motor?is it still a microcontroller? if yes, is it in a high level language or in assembly?:?: thank you!!!

usually in industry they use PLC and Motor power drivers for control, they program the PLC using many languages and methods more simple than programming like ladder diagram.
however, some industrial applications use microcontroller based control systems to control anything including motors.
you can use IC L298 dual H-bridge to control either DC or stepper motor with your microcontroller.
you can program your microcontroller either in assembly or in C or in BASIC, sure i prefer to use C or BASIC.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back