Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing decoder and motor driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

parsi.praneeth@gmail.com

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i am new in developing the electronic circuits. so i need some help from u...

i am using HT12e for encoding and ir as the medium to transfer the coded information and HT12d to decode the information acquired. i want to give the decoded output to motor driver L293D.so can i directly interface the HT12d and motor driver with out connecting to micro controller. My main aim is to move the motor in the farward and backward directions using IR the communication medium

I'm not sure this is the correct part of the forum to post, as its a rather generic question about the HT12D - perhapsa the 'projects' part of the board would be more appropriate?. But I believe you could do what you want by using a full bridge (H-bridge) transistor driver (depending on the power of your motor).

The HT12D has 4 digital CMOS outputs, which are active low. So you would need a relatively simple H-bridge which accepts two inputs, one for 'forward' and one for 'backward'. Depending on the transistors you use, you may need to invert these signals (as they are active low).

You need to read the rules and announcements before posting. As a newbie, your thread is moved to respective forum section. Next time be ready for a warning.
Ok....about your querry, when you use HT12d practically it is possible to control the motor directions when you connect relays to the output and connect them in such a way that pressing one button will move the motor to one direction, whereas the other will move the motor in other direction. The L293 may be eliminated.
Anyways using L293D is just as you use a relay. Feeding particular logic to certain pins will control the direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back