Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing between ISE and EDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

I'm doing image processing on FPGA. I have written VHDL code for UART and this is how I'm going to input my pixels. This code is working. Next I want to store pixels into DDRSDRAM for this I'm planning to use EDK because writing hardware interface will probably take a long time. I'm doing all the image processing algorithms in vhdl

My problem is I'm new to EDK I don't know how to interface between ISE and EDK how i can access(read) data and how to write into it. i have used embedded processor from New Source of ISE project and created hardware requirements using BSB...this created a vhdl instantiation which i used in the top module of my design Is this the right way?? what should I do next??

I'm using virtex 4 FPGA and using ISE and EDK versions 11.1

I don't know where to look for details so Please help me with this.
Thank you all in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back