Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing between ATmega32 and GSM modem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmodi700

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I want to interface ATmega32 with GSm 3oo modem..through i want to receive SMS and want to process on it...
how can i do it???
Can i directly join Tx,Rx and Gnd. pin of Atmega32 to GSM kit for using USART??
Please reply..

Yes, you can connect it to TTL RxD, TxD and Gnd pins of GSM modem but not to RS232 connector. If modem has RS232 connector then use MAX232 between uC and Modem DB9 connector. If modem has TTL then use TTL but TTL distance is short distance. If connected using RS232 then distance can be more.

thank you,
i have one more question...
i am using AVR BASCOM for coding...i don't know how to program for USART...Can you please help me???

thank you big dog and jayannt..
I more question how to send At code for Receiving SMS to gsm modem...
and how this data can transfer to Atmege32!!!i mean i have to right some code or something for transfer THAT sms DATA to ATmege32....
or it will automatically transfer sms DATA through UART???

i mean i have to right some code or something for transfer THAT sms DATA to ATmege32....
or it will automatically transfer sms DATA through UART???

You will need to write the code to transfer the SMS Data to/from the ATmega32.

What GSM modem are you utilizing? Make and Model?

Is the user manual available online?

BigDog

Yes. You have to write Serial Interrupt code to read data from Modem and then if needed you can display the data on LCD or send it to PC through UART.

i am new to this field
i have to purchase that modem....so searching for good modem based on SIM300 modem...
i dont know anything about it....but trying to learn it.
can you suggest some good GSM modem at low price.??

Yeah i am able to purchase from eBay!!
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.