Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing 8051 smoke sensor tgs2600 with adc0809

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagusdj

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys,

i want to interface smoke sensor to my at89s52. the concept is the sensor reading will determine when the fan (actuator) should go low speed,higher speed,or full.

but i want to make this doubt clear first.
the sensor im using is figaro tgs 2600. (datasheet attached). the adc+lcd is taken from this site (ref:**broken link removed**)

the code is the same. the difference is i interfaced my sensor as the datasheet drew (attached).

the doubt that i want to ask are:
1. the adc range displayed (0-255) , keep changing in a room with no contaminant gases. ex: 1xxx-2xxx-1xx-00x-0xx in a random way.is it normal? or should it stand still in certain condition?
2. the sensor need RL(variative). the sensor said RS should be 10k-90k in air. i go for RL=10k, i got Vo=0.177 ,hence in calculation my RS goes around 270K Ohm. not in a range that datasheet tells me. if i increase RL then RS increased too. even when i used 470 Ohm still not meet the range.DS suggest the RL is >450Ohm.
is there something wrong with the circuit or sensor?

the formula that i used is in the datasheet.
View attachment figaro tgs 2600.pdf

i measure Vo through this point
tgs.jpg

Did you verify that the heater voltage is in the specified 5.0 +/- 0.2V range? Otherwise Rs may be different.

Did you verify that the heater voltage is in the specified 5.0 +/- 0.2V range? Otherwise Rs may be different.

i give it the same voltage with the + voltage (5volt dc). though i measured it and its around 4.7x-4.8x

*bump* anybody had experience this before?

I'm not sure how reliable the "clean air" sensor resistance value specification is. A higher resistance must not necessarily indicate a faulty (or wrongly operated) sensor. Sensitivity to air contaminations should be the primary criterion.

I'm not sure how reliable the "clean air" sensor resistance value specification is. A higher resistance must not necessarily indicate a faulty (or wrongly operated) sensor. Sensitivity to air contaminations should be the primary criterion.

and how do i know if the sensor is sensitive or not? what is the indicator?

Exposing the sensor to a small amount of test substance...

Exposing the sensor to a small amount of test substance...

the output is stable after i apply pull up resistor to P0 as input port from adc data0-data7.

the sensor have graph showing 0-100ppm. my lcd still display it in binary 0-255. does it mean 1 binary=0.39ppm(100/255)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back