Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interface compact flash card with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.
compact flash 8051

Hi sadat007
Thank you for your answer
slot CompactPCI compatible Compact Flash please tell me.

bascom avr sta013

Hi,
Really no idea.........
but u can use the PCMCIA connector with decreasing pins (68 to 50) by any way. Distance b/w pins are same.

interface pen drive with 8051

guys.....still stuck

can i use the true ide mode to give me data in 8 bit....usually i think i get 16 bit data out.
i have to do this because i plan to dedicate on port of my 8051 to this.

avr hard disk interface cf

hi guys...i figured it out....i have to use the set feature.

now my problem is the drive initialization.
how does the sector count matter is i am using lba addressing.
shouldnt the address automatically keep decreasing as i keep issuing a read to the data port?
also i cant seem to figure out the timing considerations for the read and write cycles. according to the data sheet it take a round bout 600-700ns for a cycle and if my controller is working at 11MHz i shouldnt have to worry....am i right?

...plase help guys....its urgent
...please help, its urgent

microcontroller interface with compact flash card

what is the role of the ATA SEL pin in accessing the true ide mode.
do i have to assert it each time i initiate an i/o cycle?

8051 mp3 player circuit

nirav1983 said:
what is the role of the ATA SEL pin in accessing the true ide mode.
do i have to assert it each time i initiate an i/o cycle?
It is checked at card reset, it 8bit mode it is used to strobe data. In TrueIDE mode just conect it to ground or power (I dont remember which one).

cf card avr ide

Hi , Iam saeed

Please tell me how I can interface a 8051 microcontroller whit VS1001K ( MPEG
Layer 3 codec .

Thanks alot .

flash card+8051

U can find a link at VLSI site for interfacing VS1000 with 8051.

compact flash microcontroller identify drive

Hi, to make an MP3 player using STA013, i refer to several projects in the net include :
+ Pjrc (www.pjrc.com/tech/mp3) , this site give you more detail about STA013 controlling.
+ Robs projects (**broken link removed**), this site explain how to use IDE hard disk for MP3 stroring.
In My project, I used the ATMEGA128 for host controller, and build my own STA013 evaluation board (the schematic is available in the STmircoelectronic web site). And I used CF card instead of using PC's hard disk. I refer to the open source from Rob project, I wrote my own firmware, the CF driver compative with the PC's hard disk driver.
Here is my project (the zip file), good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.