Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface 60 HP motor with Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadly Salahuddin

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to switch on and off 5 60HP motor. How can I interface the motors with microcontroller?

A contactor IS a relay. Furthermore, I don't think you are going to find a 60 HP CONTACTOR that you can drive directly from a microcontroller, so you probably will need a smaller "pilot" relay.

Possible, we are talking about gasoline engine? :thinker:
Anyway, all of this could be interesting. No voltages, no currents. Just alot of horses... :grin:

A contactor IS a relay. Furthermore, I don't think you are going to find a 60 HP CONTACTOR that you can drive directly from a microcontroller, so you probably will need a smaller "pilot" relay.

Yes Barry, I agree but only in theory.. In practise if you search for Standards on safety, catalogs or specifications you won't find any 60HP Relays only Contactors.

@Easyrider > we know the question was vague which suggests the level of useful assistance required in your answer. Pls take note in future.
Driving a relay might sound trivial... but the next level to drive a 60HP motor requires the keywords Contactor 60HP ​as in my ref link to a random catalog

if you looked deeper in my link....
Applications
Direct control from PLC:
The low power consumption contactor designed
to control motors and other loads is especially
aligned to the specifi requirement of electronic
control circuits. The low power consumption of
1.5 W/60 mA allows direct control through PLC’s
without the need for interposing relays. Power
dissipation is greatly reduced limiting the heat
effect in control panels.

Status