Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interesting question - wireless adaptor, modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenlee

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interesting question

i have an intresting question to ask but have no chance to do such an experiment to confirm:

Assume my labtop has both wifi 802.11b/g wireless adaptor and mobile broadband modem (subscribe to verizon,sprint or cricket in usa), i wonder if i can use both of them to acess interent simutaneously (assume there is a access point for the wireless adaptor). I know it won't be possible in normal condition, but my proposal is as follow: install vmvare and then install a virtual window or linux on it. So I use one way to access internet in my normal OS , and use another way to acess internet in my virtual OS through vmvare. The reason I do this is due to follwoing situation: In public library, it offer free highspeed wifi connection, but data is not encripted, so i prefer to use my mobile broadband service(which has much lower bandwidth) to handle security sensitive stuff, and use library's wifi service to handle large volume downloading. I of course could swith between these two connections for different applications, but it is just a little tedious, so I decide to use the proposl mentioned above, do you think it is possible? Could anyone confirm this for me? or could you explain if it won work that way? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.