Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inter micon communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamanan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inter micon

Dear All,
I am designing a product with ballast circuit lighting a flourescent lamp. I am using microcontroller also to controll some other functions. Now I want to make the flourescent lamp exclusive for me. So I am planning to use some other microcontroller circuitory, the PCB of which will be fused inside the Flourescent lamp. So to avoid other persons duplicating the same I am planning to give a intercommunication protocol so that main controller and the one inside the lamp will talk among themselves and only if it is genuine the Lamp will glow. Is my idea OK or is there any better ideas than this. If I want to implement this what should be the communication between the micons. Please give some idea.
Advance Thanks.
Regards,
Vamanan Kutty

use X10 to control device via power line

Status
Not open for further replies.