Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intelligent car parking usning AT89C51

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolcoy_just_4u

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I m trying to build an intellignet car parking system for my final year project

This is a project on an intelligent parking system which will tell the user about the number of free parking slots available on the parking and this information will be updated on a timely manner and will be displayed on the GUI.

A display will be provided at the entrance which will display the number of free slots for parking. It will inform whether the slots are fully filled with the cars or is it having place in a particular location or not. Whenever a driver enters into the parking it would see the free parking slots available and whenever a car is parked in a parking slot one value of free slot available will be removed from the GUI. IR sensors will send the information of status of parking to the GUI wirelessly. The GUI will show the driver the free slots in each parking slot and if any changes occur in the free slots then the latest available free slots are displayed.

AN 89C51 microcontroller will be used to interface the parking slots

Added after 10 minutes:

if someone can help me then i can mail him the details of the problems that i m facing

coolcoy_just_4u said:
if someone can help me then i can mail him the details of the problems that i m facing

Are you serious? May be you are just very inexperienced. You are asking busy people to ask you for a description of your problem that you need to be solved? Think again what could be wrong with this approach.

First you describe in as much detail as possible what you want to do
Second you describe what you already did
Third you describe what you can not figure out in detail
Forth, you will probably get help

No offense, Bob

Hi, I had implemented this project, but I used AVR ATmega16.
and at the output, I just used LED display panel

see if this could help you...

33-automatic-car-parking-indicator.gif

coolcoy_just_4u said:
Some one may help you or not, you may postt your problem first and expect answers on the forum. It is your first post in EDA. Do you mean that you registered here to find who can help you can then solve your problem through mails?...How funny..

following are the details of my project this is the work that i have done to interface the 1000 senesors to one single i/o pin of AT89C51
sorry guys actually i was unable to upload this picture last time because i was using this forum for first time and didn't knew that which file formats are supported on this forum
so as you people can see that i m trying to connect the output of the 256 IR sensors to the sixteen 16*1 MUX Ic's and after that each output of 16 uc's are connected to another 16*1 mux ic and then to a 4*1 mux ic
the ics that i m using are
74150=16*1 mux
74153=4*1 mux
the problem that i m having is the connection of the microcontroller to this circuitry on real implementation

Just one brief comment; 1024 sensors to one pin of an 89C51. That little guy, the 51 might not have the performance to handle the data.
First recommendation, use a CPU that can handle more data, e.g. some ARM MCU, second, eliminate one level of multiplexing and use 16 inputs.
Is this a system for a parking garage with 1000 spots or a system where many sensors are used for each slot?

Bob

How about using a Parallel in serial out shift register?
You can use parts like 74L165..

Nandhu

actually sir i m designing a system which can support 1024 cars for parking and sir if we generate a 10 bit address from the adress lines that i have shown on my diagram so we can acess each sensor and then by using counters in the AT89C51 we can continuously check the states of each sensor actually we only have to check the on and off states of the IR sensors when no car will be parked it will be in on state and when a car is parked in between an IR sensor then it will show an off state so by using 10-bit adress we can access 2^10=1024 sensors

I need the softwere for my project of AT89c51 car parking system,in atmel

Status
Not open for further replies.