Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intel 28F016SV Flash Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singapura

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
intel flash device

Hi

There's no category for memory devices (?) so I thot I'd post it here.

I'm currently writing an in-circuit test program to erase and program the Intel 28F016SV on the Teradyne Spectrum. I've no problem reading and dumping the contents into a binary file, but when I tried erasing a block, I encountered an error because the BSR lock-bits are locked upon device power-up. I've checked the datasheet but there seems to be no command to unlock the block of interest.

I'm aware that later versions of flash memories have lock/unlock functions built-in, but this chip does not seem to. Am I missing something here? Can anyone with experience on this chip provide me with some insight?

Thanks in advance!

Managed to solve the problem.

The 28F016SV does not have the unlock command. Instead, the #WP signal controls whether locked blocks can or cannot be written. Also, Vpp must be at the correct voltage level (5Vdc or 12Vdc) in order for write/erase to operate.

Intel could have make their datasheet clearer to avoid confusing newbies like me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.