Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

integration hyperbolic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zihahpurple

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IN MATLAB, how to solve this question ∫cosh(x) dx in the interval of [1,10]....can anyone give me the script in matlab??please...:|

Sry I cannot do it in MATLAB, but you can easily do it by converting into the exponential form...

how??...i really need the command in matlab.....annyone who knows it,please give me answer...:cry:

Matlab evaluates the indefinite integral

>> syms x
>> int(cosh(x))

ans =

sinh(x)

then, the definite integral is: sinh(10)-sinh(1)

And the definite integral

>> syms x
>> int(cosh(x),x,1,10)

ans =

1/(2*exp(1)) - exp(1)/2 - 1/(2*exp(10)) + exp(10)/2

Matlab use exponential form sinh(x) = (exp(x)-exp(-x))/2

owh...yaa...thnkz u very much...and then,we can't get the real one aswr in matlab?i means the answr like(eg.34.568)<<this...coz using that script,we can get the answr about tht formula only...anyway...thnkx2!:wink:

Evaluate the symbolic expression

syms x
eval(int(cosh(x),x,1,10))

But for a simple function as cosh (x) does not make sense integrate by symbolic computation or by numeric integration, just use directly the "well known" primitive ∫cosh(x)dx = sinh(x)

Status
Not open for further replies.