Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intank pump voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

metiz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm working on a vtol project and I want to use a brandless 12v 2l/min @2bar intank automotive fuel pump for my fuel delivery system. I need to be able to regulate the fuelflow and there's 2 ways of doing this: using a bunch of fittings and ballvalves, and servo's to operate them, or a regulator.

Thing is, I'm an engine guy, not much on electronics. I need a (prefably off the shelf) item that I can use to controll the voltage of the pump with. I also want to be able to controll it with a servo. Is this possible? The pump draws no more than 7 amps, but probably closer to 4.

Thanks,
Joost.

use the series pass voltage regulator. wide variety of circuits available on the net . there are readymade assembled pcb also available

use the series pass voltage regulator. wide variety of circuits available on the net . there are readymade assembled pcb also available

Thank you for your reply. Googling "series pass voltage regulator" doesn't bring too many relevant results. I'm Dutch so I don't realy know the Dutch translation. I usually end up with something like this **broken link removed** which is just one component, usually rated at 1 or 1.5 amps. Can you link me to something I could use?

Thanks,
Joost.

Status
Not open for further replies.