Instrumentation Amplifier

Jadeit

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have in front of me a circuit in which the instrument amplifier is assembled from three amplifiers in the LM324AD,
resistors are SMD 1 or 0.1% accuracy.+12V power supply, the gain can be adjusted with a multi-turn trimmer 5k in the range of 60 to 600.
The amplifier reads the two input voltages ( over 400mV, 2V max) and amplifies the difference for the 14-bit ADC, which reads it approximately 1x per second.
Real temperature range is 0-35C , extended -10-45C

I would like to simplify the circuit, i.e. replaced by instrumentation amplifier in SO8.
A +5V power supply would be enough, the price should not differ much from the current solution and, above all, I would like the amplifier to be commonly available in the long term.
What instrument amplifier would you recommend?

Hi,

if I had to do the job, I´d go to the internet site of my electronics distributor and use the selection guide.

Klaus

You can refer to INA128: low noise, rail-to-rail output, wide gain range (1 to 1000), good temperature stability. An external resistor may be required to set the gain.

An IC instrumentation amplifier typically contains closely matched laser-trimmed resistors, and therefore offers excellent common-mode rejection. Examples include INA128, AD8221, LT1167 and MAX4194.