Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Install various Cadence tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayavarman

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I must install various Cadence tools like IC, ICC, etc., but after I install one, the next installer will refuse to install because it says that that directory already has a component.

BTW, I've read a post here on how to install IC 5.0.33 involving copying to disk and a lot of file editing and compiling... is that really necessary? My IC seems to be working just fine and I just followed the installation script...

Well, actually the IC I installed isn't working very well... the license chekout screen doesn't work but still I can open various tools and if I do an lcstat -a I can see that the correct licenses were checked out from the server.

Does anyone know anything about these things?

Thanks

Plese remmeber that IC or other tool do not check license at startup, but at special processing points. So you need to check it with a completet design flow!

Yes, I know. But I'd really like to know how to install various cadence tools on the same machine.

Hi masai_mara,
I don't know, why you have problems.
I've installed many cadence tools on one PC without problems.
You just need install them in a different directory. For example:
IC5033 to /tools/cadence/IC5033
LDV51 to /tools/cadence/LDV51
SOC33 to /tools/cadence/SOC33
Of course, it takes some disk space, but it is cadence recommendation.
And after it everything works fine.

Good luck.

Hi, thanks for the input!

My problem is that I don't know much about cadence my task is only to install it :)
I've already understood that after installing IC I can start it with icfb and someone told me that wverything was then called from within icfb. Now I don't see the way to do that with the other packages.

For example, after I install ICC can I start it from within IC's icfb?

Status
Not open for further replies.