Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] inserting MBIST through tessent

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM Yogini

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I had experimented by inserting one controller , two controllers and four controllers (according to hierarchy).
I observed that in every experiments controllers are take same run_time .
Can anyone suggest how to educe runtime for MBIST controllers.

-Thanks

Hi BM Yogini,

I would like to understand that why do you think so by inserting more controllers, run time can be reduced.
MBIST insertion runtime is based on No of memories.

Thanks,
Maulin

yes,
I had classified controllers on the basis of sizes of memory.
So if I insert more controllers , memories should be tested in less time.(controllers are running parallelly in my case , as I haven't given different step times).
Like If inserted 4kb memories in one controller and 8kb in other , then controller 1 will complete testing in less time.

So, are you asking for the simulation run time or insertion run time?

I am assuming that the question is for the simulation run time.
So consider following scenarios.
1. one controller and all the memories are within 1 step.
2. 2 controller and the memories are divided but here also we have one step in each controller.

Now, scenario 1, if we put all the memories under 1 step then all the memories will be tested in parallel which is the least simulation time.

Even if we insert 2 controllers but again all the memories are under single step underneath 2 controllers, all the memories will be tested parallel.

If we put all the memories under single step, then we can not reduce the simulation run time further and simulation run time will be based on the max memory macro size.

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
The problem was resolved and I understood things few days back.
But it was nice discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back