Status
Not open for further replies.

ttxs

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I generated .gds2 and .vclef files with Artisan Physical IP (SRAM generator) from ARM.
The exact size of the SRAM block was already known before I generated the above files.
After I imported the .vclef file into virtuoso, I got an abstract (like a square layout without cells) of the correct size.
However, when I was trying to import the .gds2 files as stream into virtuoso, I got a SRAM layout (with detailed cells) with the right shape but much much larger size (about 5 times as large as the correct size).
I am new to the layout generation, and I did not use .map files for the above operations.
What might cause the size mismatch of my SRAM block?
Thank you.

When generating the SRAM files with SRAM generator. The option "top metal layer : m5-m9" can not be changed.
If the top metal layers are different from the metal layers supported by my Virtuoso folder, will it cause the above problem?

Hi ttxs,

I have exactly the same problem. did you find any solution for Layout size mismatch?

Thanks,
VB.

We just imported gds2 file into another Layout editor and then saved it as gds2 (without any change) and again imported it in virtuoso. The layout size was correct this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…