Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input Impedance of Multiplier diode

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Application note 1054 of HSMP-3822 by agilent, it works at +13dBm. Moreover SRD's unike varactors don't require Idlers. Yes this is true that they are not very efficient frequency multipliers. So far I am trying to find the input impedance by using VNA. Hopefully it will work!!

According to the Application note 1054 of HSMP-3822 by agilent, it works at +13dBm. Moreover SRD's unike varactors don't require Idlers. Yes this is true that they are not very efficient frequency multipliers. So far I am trying to find the input impedance by using VNA. Hopefully it will work!!

Good luck! For 100 to 300 MHz I would use a transistor multiplier, it is easy to build and run, has a gain instead of loss, and its input impedance is 50 Ohms.

This is indeed a good option. Would you recommend me some starting point? So far I know that non-linearity of transistors can be used to generate harmonics. But How??

This is indeed a good option. Would you recommend me some starting point? So far I know that non-linearity of transistors can be used to generate harmonics. But How??

+13 dBm looks not enough for Class C operation. Simply make a one-stage amplifier with output tuned to the
3rd harmonic, and adjust the operation point by base current for a max output. At 100/300 MHz, even audio transistors can work. I would try a popular 2N2222 transistor, with 12 VDC and 10 mA approx.

I have measured the same circuit and conversion loss is around 30 dB for x3. Only way to deal with this circuit is to obtain large signal model of HSMP 3822 from the manufacturer.

Only way to deal with this circuit is to obtain large signal model of HSMP 3822 from the manufacturer.
A SPICE model is not available for PIN diodes as SPICE does not provide for a key PIN diode characteristic, carrier
lifetime.

**broken link removed**

This is indeed a good option.
Would you recommend me some starting point?
So far I know that non-linearity of transistors can be used to generate harmonics.
But How??
https://www.qsl.net/va3iul/Frequency_Multipliers/Frequency_Multipliers.pdf

https://www.wenzel.com/documents/2diomult.html

Attachments

• 160613-152325.png
    160613-152325.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com