Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input Impedance of an inductor in ADS with S parameters

An_RF_Newbie

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
here is my simple project:
3.PNG

I calculated the inductance value to have J50 reactance at 500Mhz. As you see the output results, S-parameters and input impedance, the real part and image part of input impedance are not correct. As you see the input impedance should have imaginary part but it shows me just real part. I changed the parallel resistor value to 1000Mega Ohm, but the imaginary part just became zero.
what is my mistake?

4.PNG

Last edited:
Solution
If you look at Zin, you see the inductor in series with the port 2 impedance.

Try a single port simulation using a regular Term port with 2 nodes (not TermG) and connect the inductor to these two nodes.
--- Updated ---

I forgot to mention that your de-activated WIRE uses the "deactivate and short" function, so it shorts the inductor. Only the port 2 resistance remains.
If you look at Zin, you see the inductor in series with the port 2 impedance.

Try a single port simulation using a regular Term port with 2 nodes (not TermG) and connect the inductor to these two nodes.
--- Updated ---

I forgot to mention that your de-activated WIRE uses the "deactivate and short" function, so it shorts the inductor. Only the port 2 resistance remains.

Last edited:
Solution

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back