Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information on native MOSFETS

integratedde

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to find more insightful information of the characteristics of a native or low threshold MOSFET. I can find spurs of info in some papers and maybe one sentence shortly dedicated to some feature of a native FET, but this is often done with no source or thorough explanation. Do you know of any paper, book or any other media that touches this topic in a broader extent?

Historically they are depletion mode MOSFETs. Currently in CMOS technologies, low threshold device can be obtained by low doping (or not using extra doping) and/or by using various gate materials with different electron work functions. Classic short channel effects are also used to lower the threshold.

Hi, I am right now working with an enhancement native n-channel mosfet. Do you have some source that talks about the process steps involved in manufacturing such a device or talks in depth about the benefits and disadvantages?

It's just body doping (typically quite low, "intrinsic") and
gate poly doping, their difference makes the work function.

I used to work in a technology that gave me depletion,
intrinsic, low VT and "regular" VT of both N and P type.
There were only two VT-adjust implants per species
(or none) to get all 8 types. Crossing up the S/D and
gate poly doping was another degree of freedom.

Not all were that great, but I used them all on occasion.

This was an oddball SOI technology. I see some JI
that has intrinsic NMOS, this would require either an
unusually light body doping or a really jacked work
function. RF technologies will make efforts to deliver
a zero-VT FET for switches and linear PAs.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back