Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information on 65nm technology in layout design

Status
Not open for further replies.

swathi0356

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai every body
i want to learn 65nm technology in layout designing.
presently i cannot work on any lincenced tools.
i had worked on 90nm and 180nm technologies.
soo i just want some information on 65nm technology how it is different form this technologies.
if possible please give me some good websites which teach practically the 65nm technolgy.
hope every body help me.
advance thanks to every one

Re: 65nm technology

65n is very small....your design must be very robust if it need to be fabricated. i suggest u leran more on the secondary effect and prevention.

Another thing is that your standby device power need a lot of work to be prevented.

anyone using CMOS 65nm for analog / rf design ?

how is it ?

hello,
i am newbie in analog design i was thinking do i have to be back to basics in RF microelectronics , or learnig RF issues can be acheived during design , also i was under impression that decreasing the min. feature furthermore will involve some quantum physics in the models is this true and if so what papers or books are recomended in this matter.
thnx and regards,
a.safwat

Puppet1 said:
anyone using CMOS 65nm for analog / rf design ?

how is it ?

Hi,
is analog/RF design happening anywhere at that high end technology(65nm). I thought 0.13um was the least technology currently being used in industry for analog/rf. can someone explain which is the least technology being used in industry for analog/RF work.

thanx in advance
chethan

Don't worry 65nm is almost the same as 90nm and up.

In what ways is it the same ?

65nm technology

i think is not the same, and is a SOI technology.

65nm technology

65nm CMOS is being used in RF. Its still in the researchy phase. People are directly jumping from 0.13um to 65nm without doing much work on 90nm. The reason being that there is supply scaling,i.e, on reducing the feature size from 0.13um to 90nm, the supply voltage goes down from 1.8V to 1.2v but from 90nm to 65nm the supply stays at 1.2V. So better switches are seen at apparently no extra cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back