Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about MoM and FDTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

siwowox de santos

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
til now idon't understand about MoM n FDTD what is the diffrent? for designing antenna Microstrip i have been using MWO. my friend said MWO is using MoM n HFSS is using FDTD is it true.....n for running simulation of MWO its need long time, especially for high frequency how about HFSS its need long time too for running simukation....thx b 4

Re: (ask) MoM n FDTD

MWO is based on MOM (Method of Moments r Boundary Element Method).
HFSS is based on FEM (Finite Element Method).

For better understanding go through attached document from wikipedia

(ask) MoM n FDTD

thanks a lot. it looks nice.

(ask) MoM n FDTD

thanks

Hello siwowox de santos,

First of all AWR Microwave Office (MWO) EMSight Electromagnetic Simulator is a
2.5 D or 3D Planar EM simulator based on Method of Moments & it is based on Shielded method which is good for Planar structures such as MMIC/RFIC, LTCC, Hybrid design, etc, ...Also a popular known tool in this domain is Sonnet em Suite....

Where as Ansoft HFSS is full 3D EM simulator based on Finite Element Method (FEM) good for 3D arbitarary structures & it is general solver....

For Broad Band High Frequency Antenna structures it is recommended to use Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) Method EM simulator...
The popular tools ar CST MWS, Vector Fields Concerto...

By the Way AWR MWO has interface to CST MWS, Vector Fields Concerto & Sonnet em tools through EMSocket interface...

For planar Antennas (Microstrip) it is recommended to use 3D Planar tools such as MWO, Sonnet, IE3D, etc...

If your MWO antenna project file is taking too much time to simulate, then I think you are missing lot of options to optimize the simulation speed & also for antenna analysis you need to properly configure MWO...If you still has issues, upload your MWO project file (*.emp) here so that I will try to give you some inputs...

---manju---

Hi Manjunath,

I have MWO and CST , can you upload any application note which tells how to work with EM socket interface. Is EM socket interface optional with MWO.

Thanks
Gv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back