Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about ES4418 video processor programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dspnut

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.. all
I am trying to find some information about this processor such as detailed datasheet, processor's instructions (how to program it)..etc. This ES4418 is made by ESS. It's used in many popular dvd players. Thank you all in advance for any information.

I've been looking for the same thing.. no luck yet..

jelydonut

Exx's information and program is not difficult to get if you are in the field of DVD player designe. However, as they are confidential documents so I don't think you could get it from public.

Anyway, what you want to do with such chip?

ntxp

Thank you Jelydonut and ntxp for your comments,

I'm just curious about this chip. About one month ago, I made a copy of my DVD player's rom image and found out that there is a menu (hex codes) that can unlock zone restriction and many other features. I want to access this menu. I was not able to do anything since I don't know the instruction set of this chip. Maybe, you guys can give me a way to access this menu without having to know the instruction codes.

Regards, Dspnut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back