Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about building solar cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altafhal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends
I want to work on solar cell and build a system which should provide
electricity to my home. If somebody have worked on it then please
give me the relative information. I really need help about it.
Thanks

Solar Cells

well - the thread title says 'solar cells' - and I suspect someone with even basic knowledge would have said 'solar panel' instead of 'solar cell' when talking 'home power'.
Also, you would have stated if it were for an ON or OFF grid home... and for what voltage? and for what capacity (Watts) etc...

Perhaps start off with any of the numerous resources google will find and come back with more specific questions on how a microcontroller is used in what ever section of the system. (battery charger, inverter, sun tracking, grid tie etc..)
Its a bunch of systems working together to make a 'home solar electricity' system.

Perhaps you are more interested in more modest systems for like RV's or something??
(Low voltage lighting for instance, removes the inverter from the system in leu of possibly some regulator)

Google photovoltaic project circuit - or the sub-system specifically for cuircuits/info on that ('solar power battery charging' as a for instance)

Re: Solar Cells

This source of power is not cost effective unless you live in an area with plenty of sunshine and no clouds. You can buy entire arrays and the associated electronics from commercial suppliers.

Solar Cells

if this is not cost effective then can someone say me
an alternate system that i can use when the light is gone.

Honda and other companies make generators driven by petrol fueled and natural gas fueled engines.

Solar Cells

if this is not cost effective then can someone say me
an alternate system that i can use when the light is gone.

Or do what our ancestors did. Go to bed at sundown.

By any chance are you in a remote area that does not have mains power? If so, how can you be using the internet?

In my youth my family had a refrigerator that was powered by a kerosene flame. My grandmother cooked food on a stove which was heated with burning wood. She also had kerosene lamps. The house was heated with a fireplace with a wood fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back