Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about Altran Technologies from Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Altran Technologies

research235 said:
Hello every one,

I am called for an interview from a company called altran technologies ( consultancy) in netherlands for possible position as back end micro electronic engineer.
I would like to know if any one of you have an idea abt this company and theire procedure and other things like pay.. please let me know abt it soon as i ahve it tom ..

sing

I have a bit idea abt this company. According to my knowledge its a good company its depend upon your requirement.

thanks
regards
rajeev

I was also contacted by this company several times.

(1) Altran is a consultancy firm orginated in France. Now it has established offices in Europe, North America and even Asia.
(2) Altran provides consultancy mainly in engineering & scientific researches, project management and safety regulations. In recent years it has also ventured into business management for start-ups.
(3) Altran takes in talents, very potential ones, that will help them to grow.

How Altran operates?
(1) They don't hire permanent employees. They put you on contract basis usually for as long as the project takes. What does this mean?
(2) When a project, sponsored by a client or a group of capitalists, require X talent or a team of Y talents, Altran will seek talents within its pool of experts or capable manpower. If not, Altran will headhunt these people from the around the world with the help of its globally-situated regional offices.
(3) These people, when formed as a team, will be assigned to work on the project.
(4) Upon completion of the project, these members in this team has a choice - to leave Altran to join this company that was built up by the team, or stay with Altran and withdraw from the completed project.
(5) Those who stayed with Altran will then be assigned new project.
(6) Those who left Altran are free to leave, and get paid for the contribution in the project.

Altran Technologies

Altran has a very bad reputation in france. You can read what is said in this site http://www.top50-ssii.com/
if you can read french.

Personnaly, Altran in france I would never go there. But it is possible that things are maybe different abroad.

Altran Technologies

Hello SkyHigh and Tahar

Thanks a lot for ur valuable inputs , it surely will help in deciding and preparing for the interview ..... ..If possible can u please tel me how much do they generally offer us with an experience for one year .. r how much can we quote in countries like Netherlands .. Please do tell me if u have any idea ... because this one thing could be very crusial for me to decide...

thnks a lot in advance again

Best regards

Suresh .

Hi,

Just want to share this information, since I have a friend working for this company for OVER 14 YEARS NOW.

They hire TWO types of consultant permanent and contractual.

The contractual are those who are just junior or mid level experience, usually on training attachment or contract basis.

The permanent are the oness with more than 5 years experience.

To be a PERMANENT, highly paid consultant in Altran you need a lot of experience and basically to be multi-skilled so you can transition in say design, testing, validation and project management. They usually transition you from one project to another as an EXPAT, or hold on you by giving trainings/ technical business support while waiting for the next project

Company's paid big money to this Consultant Firm because they want top people only, preferably wuth degree/masters , plus certifications.

If you are the junior type, less than 5 years, suggest you get experience first.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Techcat
Bombay, India

Status
Not open for further replies.