Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info about high order sigma delta modulator design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansunamu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sigma Delta

Anyone can share the experience about high order sigma delta modulator design ? About the architecture and coeffocient assignment

Re: Sigma Delta

Look in analog devices web site, there are thousands useful documents. If you need modulator design, look IEEE transactions of Circuits, Measurement, and othere, I saw many perfect articles about design sigma-delta modulators.

Sigma Delta

you can search this subject by google.

Good luck!

Please visit to linear technology and crystal sites, I found lot interesting stuff on this subject year ago.

High order single loop is unstable.You canuse mash architecture.

Mash is doing morepopular now, but I do not know details of mash operation

With high-order you get increased noise shaping but more stability problems.

You have the choice between single-loop and cascaded (MASH) architecture.

Then you can also play on the choice between single-bit and multi-bit internal conversion. Multi-bit improves the stability and attenuates tones but you have to care about the feedback DAC design (using Dynamic element matching (DEM)) but that should not be a problem in modern deep-submicron technologies as you can put a lot of digital in small area.

About design, look for books of Schreier and his toolbox in Matlab .

Good luck.

Sigma Delta

paper from IEEE are best, i think

Status
Not open for further replies.