Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info about DNW cross section construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

maahtdk

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi fixrouter440,

Thank you very mutch of your input.

In the layout of power nmos(top-2) they connect the S&B to the PVM they do iso ring(nwell dnwell) connected to PVP and an other ring P+ connect to the port Subs by the contact subcon(they have in the shematic the port PVM & Subs they don't have VM) in this case I have2 Soft connection : the first zoom to the subcon and the second to the Bulk P+, I resolve the soft of subcon with a rectangle of NWELL and I shoped the metal of the subcon but the soft of Bulk is still exist(LVS match).

At the top level they connect this Bulk P+ to the VM(there isn't the port Subs at the top because Subs is connected to the VM in top-1) I have 150 soft connection when I run LVS of calibre(the layout&schematic match). These softs zoom to Bulks of an other part haven't any soft.

I tray to connect the ring P+ to PVM at the level of power nmos(top-2) because I don't have VM in this level , the result is I haven't soft connect in this level and the 150 soft at the top they're dispared but the problem is the layout&schematic don't match because I have a short between PVM and VM .

If I resolve the short the soft appear again.

Wish that's clear.

Best Regards.

Soft connection

hello maahtdk - I still am confuse with your problem, cannot get the clear picture here...as far as I understand...you have sub-block and top block under deep nwell.

Correct me if my understanding is wrong.
sub-block(power nmos) the S and B connected to local substrate/ground (PVM), global substrate (Subs) and the supply line connected to(PVP).
top-block - local substrate/ground (PVM), global substrate (VM not Subs) and supply line (PVP).

Please see attachement and also follow the link for more info about DNW cross section construction.

http://www.essderc2002.deis.unibo.it/ESSDERC_web/Session_D11/D11_1.pdf

Re: Soft connection

Hi fixrouter440,

Thanks again

Yes It' right what you inderstaind, in your opinion what's wrong.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back