Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor in coax combline filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahriladha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inductor coax

i have to design a coax combline filter where the between the resonator and transmission there is an inductor. One of my friend told me for realization purposes the inductor cannot be connected directly from transmission to RESONATOR but instead need to be connected from transmission line to a ground (which is close to the resonator).

Thus, I would like to know your advise on this matter.Kindly let me know, if you have some info on this.

thank you

Modeling will only have to be done like this. This sectional area and the distance from the resonator become parameters of the coupling.

Dear ohta,

Thank you very much for your response.

Yes, I am really want to design like in your picture. Do you have any further infos about the design procedures especially to detetermine the distant between resonator and wire inductor + sectional area.

The parameter what I have now is only the value of inductor. I dont know how to relate them to distance and sectional area.

I am really appreciate your kind help on this matter.

Thanks!

This problem can grip the tendency to the size with HFSS etc.However, accuracy is not obtained (Because the mesh should be made very detailed). Requesting it by the experiment is the best.

Re: Inductor in coax combline filter in HFSS

ohta,

do you have any examples in HFSS file for this inductor realisation? with your permission, i would like to have them.

btw, could you pls suggest me any references for this.

secondly, do you familiar with capacitance probe? like inductor, I need to design capacitance probe and I am really appreciate your kind help on this.

thank you very much

sorry. Because the calculation of this problem needs the PC power (To enlarge the number of meshes), it is not computable in my PC.

Dear ohta,

It would be helpful if you have the design procedure (e.g.formulae etc or reference) for this inductor. It could help me to determine the diameter, length of the wire and distance between wire and resonator. Then i will try to experiment it using my computer.

I am really appreciate your help on this.

thanks very much

Added after 36 minutes:

Dear Ohta,

one more thing, where did you get that picture?

thks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back