Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor design flow using ADS Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouLinux

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I just have a little question to ask you about design of inductors, I think that the question is easy for you Smile

Since now I am trying to design some inductors using ADS Momentum, but it is not clear to me how to get the geometry of the inductor.

For example, if, from a simulation, I need a 1nH inductor having its self-resonance frequency of 30 GHz, how could I know the size, the number of turn, the spacing and the width of the metal in the inductor ?

Does Momentum have any synthesis tool to generate inductors according to required specification ? If you can guide me roughly to an inductor design flow, it would be very interesting to me Smile

Thanks a lot,

DYL

Hello,

No, Momentum doesn't have the Spiral Inductor Synthesis tool..

But Sonnet em with optional Spiral assitant tool will help you to synthesize & optimize the spiral inductors...

See there are free sonnet lite & spiral assitant tool available...
**broken link removed**

http://www.sonnetsoftware.com/products/lite/

http://www.sonnetsoftware.com/suppo...a_spiral_inductor_in_sonnet_&_sonnet_lite.htm

or use OEA Internation Spiral syntheis & optimization tool...
**broken link removed**

---manju---

Reactions: mycw

mycw

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi friend,

Thank you very much for the information. Those helped me a lot :)

DYL

Is there any link where I can download Sonnet EM or Coventorware?

Thank you in advance.

Hi DYL,

Do you have access to any tutorial on Momentum for drawing Spiral inductors or anything that can guide me for layout on ADS Momentum??

Hi DYL,

Do you have access to any tutorial on Momentum for drawing Spiral inductors or anything that can guide me for layout on ADS Momentum??

Have you found the way to build the inductor in ADS? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back