Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor and transformer design methodology!

Status
Not open for further replies.
u assume 100uH of inductor...!
how and why. i want to know how u assume that value of the inductor? is the value of inductor has no relation with the frequency or anything other?

and my second qus is about the J value in XL=jwL... as j is squreroot(-1). but here what should i do to calculate it

Dear Muhammad
Hi
About your 1st question : i assumed that i need 100uH inductor . you can change it with your desired value . for exmaple , perhaps , you , need a 500 uH at the out put of your SMPS ( it is example ) . i used that value , because i wanted to say , way of design with an example .
and about your 2nd question :
about , J , you shouldn't do any thing with that at my design , way , i just wrote it , because of the basics of circuit analyzing , and no thing else . ( it hasn't any effect at my way .)
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

can u tell me the way to calculate the inductor at the output?

i just want to make a supply using PUSH-PULL. no one here to tell anything about the calculation, btw ur notes are very helpful

Is your problem with designing the value of inductor at the out put of push pull , or with the number of turn and core ?

i just want to make a supply...... using ur notes, i have calculated the inductance and turns ratio of the transformer. the only thing which was missing the inductor calculations. i think i have missed inductor calculations.

I'm confused my friend ! what do you mean by : you calculations of inductor ? is your mean , that you have designed an SMPS , an now you want calculate it's out put inductor ? yes or no ? you told that you calculated the inductance but in the other words you said that you're looking for calculations of inductor ? clarify , what you need , please , thus i can help you , my friend .
Best Luck
Goldsmith

again , you didn't clarify , it ! calculations of inductance ? if yes , what is the frequency of current through inductor and how much voltage do you need at out put of your SMPS ( as you said a push pull ) . and how much is your input voltage ( my mean isn't main input , my mean is the input voltage of inductor ( out put of secondary ) ?
Best Events
Goldsmith

ok.......

Input is 24V
Output is 3.3V - 3 A
Frequency is 100KHz
using Push-Pull terminology

well you can use these formula , simply : L=0.5*Vout*T/Ion
When i calculated it according to your specifications it given :55uH
Good luck
Goldsmith

As i can remember i told you at your thread , how you can design it , forgot it ?

my mistake.... i forgot....

thx for ur kind consideration and help

using ur this note i m designing transformer. i met with a problem.

the transformer has following values
1 turn in inductance is 4uH

i wind 13 turns and got 100uH. as calculation said the value will be around 764uH.

i m confused

Dear Muhammad
Hi
Can you show me your calculations , step by step , thus i can find your error . ( i think you did a mistake in your calculations ) .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

L1=764uH

1turn inductance of transformer=4uH (by LCR meter)

(N1/N2)Square=L1/L2

N1=1, N2=? L1=4uH, L2=764uH

N2= Square-root(764/4)

N2= Squareroot(191)

N2= 13.8

this means when i il wind 14 turns to transformer, i il get 764uH of inductance but im getting 100uH

well , your calculations seems ok , what is the type of your core ? is that toroidal ? or perhaps EE or EI , such as PQ series ?

its EI. i took it from PC power supply. (there are two transformer in PC power supply. this is the smaller one)

well , my prediction was correct . as you know for those cores , if you didn't match E and I correctly , together , the inductance will change . try to match them together , correctly , thus you'll see your desired inductance .

Status
Not open for further replies.