Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductively or Capacitive Coupled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiques

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a transmission line and need to couple the RF path. What determines if I need to couple it inductively or capacitively?

your question is oddly worded. if you are at one freuqncy, it does not matter if it is inductive or capacitively coupled. If it is broadband, a inductive coupling will look like a lowpass filter, a capacitive coupling will look like a highpass filter.

your question is oddly worded. if you are at one freuqncy, it does not matter if it is inductive or capacitively coupled. If it is broadband, a inductive coupling will look like a lowpass filter, a capacitive coupling will look like a highpass filter.

I guess I would be broadband. My system is operating between the HF and VHF spectrum's. With that respect, your explanation would presume I have a LPF which would be inductively reactive?

I did notice that if I couple to this signal using an inductor, my lower frequencies are have more loss than the mid range bands. Not sure what this means.

Sorry for my ignorance.

The question is still unclear. What do you exactly mean with "couple" the RF path? Are you talking about impedance matching?

A transmission line transformer might be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back