Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] inductance value for mcu filtering

Status
Not open for further replies.

h.galeh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in microcontrollers we use inductors and capacitors for filtering
I have "Blueboard_lpc1768_H_schematics" but there is a problem
inductance is not specified . how much should it be
why we use such value
1869729500_1350016267.jpg

in microcontrollers we use inductors and capacitors for filtering
I have "Blueboard_lpc1768_H_schematics" but there is a problem
inductance is not specified . how much should it be
why we use such value
1869729500_1350016267.jpg

the inductance is though used for filtering purpose, it also used for current suppression. since in the circuit shown the inductors are connected nearer to V+ and V- their main function is to protect the circuit from the over-current. the value is dependent on the inductor spec. for the required amount of current demand.

It all depends on the frequency of the interference you are dealing with such as a clock frequency,their value is not critical, I would try 100 micro henries rated at the supply current which seems to be 3A (3V3A?)
Frank

BLM is a series of Murata filter ferrites. They are essentially lossy inductors and specified by an impedance number, that's missing in the schematic. Personally, I would use Z=300 to 600 ohm in this place (low current analog supply or reference filtering).

Pure LC filters are at risk to create oscillations with pulsed loads, e.g. digital supply pins.

frequency is 80~100MHz
voltage: 3.3v
top left of schematic

Attachments

• Blueboard_lpc1768_H_schematics.pdf
    73.3 KB · Views: 56

Status
Not open for further replies.