Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increasing outout current

Status
Not open for further replies.

algilsan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to make a converter for icrease output current:

Imax = 10 mA
Vin = 30V DC

Iout = 50 mA
Vout = 5V DC

I think, but i'm not really sure, this can be done using transformers with a DC/AC converter, plus rectifing. I mean, DC/AC converter with an 5:1 turn ratio transformer made with HEXA PATH transformers of CoilCraft, putting 5 inductors in parallel and leave one for input. Then rectifing the output and regulating to 5V

If this correct? Is there more alternatives?

Thank you

oh no, dont bother yourself with all that....

...just get a buck converter and use it.....there will be all manner of IC's that suit your problem...just go to www of natsemi, onsemi, linear, fairchild etc and fill in the online form of your reuirement and it give you chip for u 2 use.

very simple job for you.

if you want isolate then you use say one transistor forward converter.......or flyback.

...but online form tell u everything.

Could a buck converter increase input current to 50mA if input current is limited to 10mA?

Added after 1 minutes:

Could a buck converter increase output current to 50mA if input current is limited to 10mA?

buck can increase the output current....but it depend on the vin/vou ratio.

you have to look at power.........power in = power out............as you know the conservation of energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back